What is Business and Leadership Coaching?
Coaching empowers people to change their lives, reach their potential and create a lifestyle they want. It provides a supportive environment for positive change, and supports people in both their professional and personal lives. It is positive, results oriented, and focuses on creating success in the future.
How does it Work?
A client typically works with a coach for a period of 3-12 months and has regular meetings or sessions in person or over the phone. These sessions typically last for 30 – 50 minutes. Discussions examine the client’s personal and professional goals, and possible ways of achieving these are explored. Goals are set, and broken down into step-by-step action plans, which the client is responsible for carrying out. “Homework” is usually agreed between sessions.
The coach supports and assists in the planning of this process.
Every client is unique, so there is no set time frame or structure. The relationship can continue for as long as the client and coach see value in it.
Who would Benefit from Business Coaching?
All types of people utilise coaching, including the following:
- People who procrastinate,
- People who want to earn more and work less;
- People who want to ‘create a better work/life balance’;
- People who are ‘really busy but never seem to get everything done….’;
- People who want to improve the efficiency and profitability of their business;
- People who lack direction and need assistance clarifying their goals;
- People looking for a career transition
“If any of these apply to you, then coaching could help.”
Getting the most out of Coaching
- Be willing to change
- Be honest with yourself in setting your goals
- Do your ‘homework’ between sessions
- Attend sessions regularly